© 2009-2016 by Backpackers INSIDE. Proudly created by Minyong YU.
- 떡볶이 Spicy tteokbokki : rice cake called garaetteok broiled with hot pepper paste called gochujang
- 순대 Sundae : Korean sausage made from cow or pig intestines stuffed with glass noodles
- 어묵 Eomuk : fish cake with warm soup
- 김밥 Gimbap : rice roll with black seaweed and many ingredients
- 호떡 Hotteok : wheat flour dough filled with dark brown sugar, cinnamon, sesame, and chopped peanuts
Cabbages and other vegetables are soaked in salt water, then seasoned with different spices before being fermented.
A dish made by mixing rice with various other cooked vegetables and hot pepper paste called gochujang
삼겹살 Samgyeopsal (pork belly, Korean BBQ)
Grilled pork meat with various vegetables.
갈비 구이 Grilled Galbi (Seasoned ribs)
Ribs of beef or pork are sliced into easy-to-eat portions, then marinated in seasonings before being grilled
삼계탕 Samgyetang (Ginseng Chicken soup)
Boiled young chicken soup with various ingredients (rice, ginseng, garlic, jujube, chestnuts)
Pieces of chicken with glass noodles and vegetables seasoned with spicy soy sauce
Noodles served in cold beef broth- the soup is refreshing. There is also bibim naengmyeon, which doesn’t have soup but is mixed with red pepper paste instead
Noodles with sweet black sauce, fried vegetables and pork meat
해물파전 Haemul Pajeon
Pan-fried dish made with plenty of green onions and dough, with clams, oysters, squid and mussels
Korean traditional wine made from rice
된장찌개 Toenjang jjigae
Soybean paste stew with tofu, vegetables, seafood
김치찌개 Kimchi jjigae
Kimchi stew with pork or tuna